In this post I’m writing about what’s new in Adobe Captivate 7.0.1. To be more specific about my favs. If you are using Adobe Captivate to create eLearning courses you may already know that on November 20th in the Rapid Elearning blog was announced a free update of the software. I’ve already test it and here are some of the new features that I really like.
Improvements in the mobile support
- It includes support for iOS 7.03 (long awaited) and suppor for Android 4.2 and later.
- Improvements when publishing your projects in HTML5.
- With Adobe Captivate 7.0.1 now there’re new themes and controls for mobile purposes. Til this new version, the only solution was to create your own mobile playbar because the default ones weren’t suitable for mobile delivery (for instance: size of buttons less that 44×44 px).
If you convert a smartshape into button works well in HTML5
Finally, with Adobe Captivate 7.0.1 the smartshape that you convert into button works when you select HTML5 output and scalable html content HTML . Previous to this update, depending on the day sometimes worked, sometimes it didn’t.
Copy actions from different projects
Another of my favs in Adobe Captivate 7.0.1 is that it’s possible to copy a slide and paste it to another project with actions included. Til this update, the only timesaver was to turn advanced actions into “Shared actions” and import them to the new project and assign the corresponding elements. Now this process is easier. A REAL timesaver.
Drag & drop your shared actions
Before this update, if we wanted to reuse a shared action created in other project we carry out a process like this: Go to library > Import > blablabla > blablabla‚ … With this new version by drag the shared action from a folder and drop it in the project library is enough.
Duplicate decisions of a conditional actions
One of the wonderful things with this new version of Adobe Captivate 7 is the possibility to duplicate decisions of conditional actions. Before this update, the process of reuse a decision pf a conditional action it was quite tedious. However, with this new version it’s as simple as duplicating them over and over again!
Integration with Adobe Kuler and Adobe Photoshop
If you create your color palette using Adobe Kuler or Adobe Photoshop, I’ve got good news for you. Now you have Color Swatches to import your creations and use them in your elearning projects.
New interactions available since October
It seems that I miss some interesting updates in Captivate: Millionaire and notes interaction were available for all Captivate 7 users since october. Thanks to @Lilybiri for pointing that out!
- A new interaction was born: Millionaire
Adobe Captivate includes different interactions that may help to create stunning elearning courses. Among these different interactions now you can find Millionaire. Based on the famous “Who wants to be a millionaire” now you can challenge your students to check how much they have learnt or how much information they can recall.
- Notes interaction improved
From my point of view the previous version of this interaction wasn’t good enough. However, with this new version now you can create notes, save them and print them.
There are a lot of goods with this Adobe Captivate 7.0.1 and I didn’t have time to test them all. Up to now, what I’ve tested I do really like it. It’s clear that with this new version of Adobe Captivate, the authoring tool has improved significantly. The adobe team has made a clear effort in improving the product listening the variety of requests of the users published along the different channels adobe team monitors: Adobe Captivate Community, groups of Linkedin or by email.
Do you want to know more?
Check the following links for further information:
- Rapid elearning Blog of Season Captivate written by Posted by Allen Partridge (Adobe Captivate Evangelist) http://blogs.adobe.com/captivate/2013/11/whats-new-and-whats-fixed-in-the-adobe-captivate-7-0-1-update.html
- Captivate Crazy Blog of Anita Horsley (Adobe Certified Expert) http://captivatecrazy.blogspot.com.es/2013/11/adobe-captivate-update-now-to-701.html
- Captivate Blog written by Lieve Weymeis (ACE and AEL and mvp on Adobe forums) http://blog.lilybiri.com/new-features-in-captivate-7-dot-01
- Help Adobe captivate http://helpx.adobe.com/captivate/kb/captivate-7-patch.html